- The Officiant walks up the aisle followed by the Groom
and Best Man, side by side (Groom on the left) taking position as shown,
down the aisle
- The Bride's Maids and Ushers are paired (shortest pair
first). Bride's Maids at the Usher's left. They walk up the aisle and
pair off to the sides. Last up, furthest out.
- The Maid of Honor walks up the aisle alone - stands
- Ring Bearer & Flower Girl follow as a pair or alone.
They usually stand near the BM/MH
(Optionally, the Ring Bearer may walk
alone, first or in line)
Line-Up As Shown Below
- The escort stands to the Bride's left(Bride "hooks"
escorts right arm) to walk up the aisle. Stop & kiss at the first
row of seats. Groom approaches.
- The Groom & escort shake hands. The escort parts
leftward to the front row of seats.
- The Groom steps backward and to the Bride's right,
putting out his left arm. She "hooks." They proceed forward
to the stand before the Officiant.